Wednesday 2 June 2010

Don John Costume PHOTOSHOOT






These are the pictures taken from the photo-shoot of my Don John Costume (from the Much Ado About Nothing brief).
I really wanted to capture Don John's characterisation in the model's face, thus creating a strong sense of character in the photo, as apposed to just a model wearing an outfit. (Don John is the villain of the play, who is calculating, sly and cold. I think this is really evident in these photos, owing to the make-up, setting and stance of the model all contributing to the sinister feel to the photographs.)
For the shoot I created a wire mask, using the same geometric pattern seen throughout my design work and costume for Don John. I felt that by subtly putting this pattern on his face it creates a more sinister, twisted-looking character. This is further enhanced by my eerie makeup, created using a base of white face paint, and several shades of black and grey eyeshadow to darken his eyes. I think overall the effect of the costume along with the make-up, mask and setting of the shoot lead to some brilliant photos. I am particularly pleased with how well Don John's character has been captured in the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment