Thursday 13 May 2010

'The Picture of Dorian Gray' Designs (Personal Interpretation-Dream World)





These designs are for my interpretation of The Picture of Dorian Gray. I created a split between reality and Dorian's imaginary dreamworld. These designs are for Dorian's subconscious view on the world. Due to a sinful lifestyle and opium abuse, he sees the world, including the people through his imagination. I decided that for each character in the imaginary world I would really emphasise their key characteristic. These designs are for the character Lord Henry Wotton. He is the reason for Dorian's downfall, as he influenced and manipulated Dorian, because of this I decided to portray Lord Henry as a sinister puppet master, with Dorian as a puppet on a string.

No comments:

Post a Comment